CAREERS AT DONALD L. BLOUNT AND ASSOCIATES
open position - mARINE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
DLBA is looking for a marine-focused industrial designer to lead the concept design & styling development of recreational vessels, commercial vessels, and military patrol craft ranging in size from 20-250 feet, for construction in wood, composites, and metal.
The ideal candidate is a degreed industrial designer with 3-5 years of experience based in marine design; a passion for boats - large and small, constructed from wood, composites, and metal - is critical. The position will involve concept-, detail-, and production-design development associated with both interior and exterior design & styling. The position involves the synthesis of client requirements for performance & aesthetics with technical requirements for performance & safety and production requirements associated with regulations, producibility, and structural integrity. Further, the development of visual communication tools including technical and non-technical illustrations, product brochures. and various marketing graphics (both for DLBA and clients) will be a large part of the position.
• Passion for boats and their design & development... any and all kinds
• BS degree or higher in industrial design or architecture
• 3-5 years of experience related to the design of marine vehicles
• A working understanding of composite, wood, and metal construction techniques
• A working understanding of human factors and ergonomics as associated with interior design and space planning
• Proficiency in using industry-standard Rhino software; proficiency with AutoCAD is valuable but not required.
• Proficiency with hand-drawing and rapid design visualization techniques.
• Proficiency with graphics software – Corel or Adobe graphics suites
• Strong verbal communication, visual communication, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, especially Word and Excel