DLBA's 'Ludere' concept
a purpose-designed platform for supporting modern watersports
The 30-meter Ludere concept by Donald L. Blount and Associates, inc. is a contemporary affront to the perceived stuffiness associated with traditional yachting.
With help from the interior design firm of Within Interior Design, the concept has been developed as a platform for island-hopping, allowing up to 8 guests to live casually and comfortably, as they would in their own homes, aboard a vessel tailored to support a wide range of recreational activities and provide cozy leisure. The vessel is designed to require a minimal crew, allowing guests to live as they would in their own homes – coming home after a day on the water only to themselves rather than to an entire hospitality staff. An indoor/outdoor galley encourages social cooking, providing for interaction with both the interior salon and the aft deck during meal preparation, and an upper-deck salon provides an ideal location for relaxation, equipped with sofas, a bar, an aft-facing balcony, and a 360-degree panoramic view. The aft-deck area hosts a large sofa/dinette, and the beach deck is equipped with a submersible platform that allows for easy water access and launch/retrieval of the extensive on-board watersports equipment.
Features of Ludere include:
- two large VIP staterooms and a guest stateoom
- a large midship salon with convertible seating for expanded accommodations
- a large interior/exterior country-style galley that opens up to the aft deck
- an upper salon overlooking the aft beach deck and the bridge
- oversized windows and skylights to maximize natural lighting, contributing to the inside/out theme of the vessel
- extensive equipment storage compartments to support a range of watersports including: diving, fishing, surfing, paddleboarding, windsurfing, kite surfing, boating, kayaking, wake boarding, and others.
- an expansive aft beach deck equipped with a submersible platform for simplified tender operations and water access.
- pod-style propulsion and gyro-stabilization